Ways to contact me：
- Ph. D., Physics, Caltech, 1980
- M. S., Physics (minor in Applied Physics), Caltech, 1978
- B. S., National Cheng-Kung University, Taiwan, 1974
- Distinguished Research Fellow (2005 - present) and Director (2005 - 2012), Research Center for Applied Sciences, Academia Sinica
- Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1991-2005)
- Associate Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1986-1991)
- Assistant Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1980-1986)
- shallow impurities and excitons, electronic, optical, and transport properties of semiconductors and nanostructures, electronic and optical properties of semiconductor surfaces and interfaces, phonons and electron-phonon couplings in semiconductors and nanostructures, non-linear optical properties, many-body effects in semiconductors, exciton condensation, magnetic multilayers and giant magnetoresistance, femtosecond pump-and-probe phenomena, photonic crystals, metrology of semiconductor thin films and gratings, infrared and radiation detectors, semiconductor lasers and modulators, resonant tunneling diodes, quantum transport properties, single-photon generators, spintroincs, quantum computing, optical metrology, and nano plasmonics.
- Quantum Interference and correlation effects on Charge Transport through Triangular Triple Quantum Dots, C-C Chen, Y-C Chang*, and D. M-T. Kuo, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 17, 6606-6611 (2015)
- Partially embedded gold nanoislands in a glass substrate for SERS applications, M. T. Yaseen, M. Chen, and Y. C. Chang*, RSC Adv., 4, 55247–55251 (2014)
- Arrays of core-shell nanospheres as 3d isotropic broadband ENZ and highly absorbing metamaterials, A.V. Goncharenko, E.F. Venger, Y. C. Chang*, and A.O. Pinchuk, Optical Materials Express 4, 2310-2322 (2014)
- Dynamical many-body corrections to the residual resistivity of metals, V.U. Nazarov*, G. Vignale, and Y.-C. Chang, Phys. Rev. B 89, 241108(R) (2014). Physics Viewpoint.
- Optical cavity modes of a single crystalline zinc oxide microsphere, R. S. Moirangthem, P-J Cheng, P. C-H Chien, T. H. Ngo, S-W Chang, C-H Tien, and Y-C Chang*, Optics Exp., 21, 3010–3020 (2013)
- Effect of clustering on ellipsometric spectra of randomly distributed gold nanoparticles on a substrate, H-Y Xie, Y-C Chang*, G. Li, S-H Hsu, Optics Exp., 21, 3091–3102 (2013)
- Enhanced localized plasmonic detections using partially-embedded gold nanoparticles and ellipsometric measurements, R. S. Moirangthem, M. T. Yaseen, P.-K. Wei, J. Y. Cheng, and Y. C. Chang*, Bio Opt. Exp. 3, 899-910 (2012).
- Coupled-wave theory for birefringent photonic quasicrystal structures, I. L. Ho, M. T. Lee, Y.-C. Chang*, J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 29, 382-388 (2012)
- Finite temperature formalism for composite quantum particles, M. Combescot, S.-Y. Shiau, and Y.-C. Chang, Phys. Rev. Lett. 106, 206403 (2011).
- Van der Waals interaction between two crossed carbon nanotubes, A. I. Zhbanov, E. G. Pogorelov, and Y.-C. Chang, ACS nano, 4(10),5937-45 (2010).
- Surface plasmon resonance ellipsometry based sensor for studying biomolecular interaction, R. S. Moirangthem, Y. C. Chang*, S. H. Hsu, P. K. Wei, Biosensors and Bioelectronics 25, 2633-38 (2010).
- V. U. Nazarov, G. Vignale, and Y.-C. Chang, Exact dynamical exchange-correlation kernel of a weakly inhomogeneous electron gas, Phys. Rev. Lett., 102, 113001 (2009)
- 1. Quantum Dot Memory, Y. C. Chang, M. T. Kuo, US patent US20100308303A1 (2013)
2. Stereoscopic display and 3D imaging, US patent 13/468602 (2014), Y. C. Chang, L. C. Tang,
3. 像素匹配雙面反射鏡陣列的自動立體顯示技術和三維成像, 張亞中, 唐立權, 中華民國專利第 I446010號 (2014)